Jennifer W.F. Liu
Founder & Chairwoman
Brand Architect and Designer
Based in Hong Kong, Jennifer is an award-winning serial entrepreneur, an innovative brand creator and interior designer, with an architectural background from Cornell University in New York. Her vast F&B curations are drawn from diverse inspirations in arts, travels and technology. From boutique neighborhood cafes HABITŪ to later specialty coffeehouse The Coffee Academïcs and RoasteryLab; each brand yields successful homegrown creations evolved organically through Jennifer’s creative and charismatic leadership. Today, Jennifer owns the number 1 specialty coffee brand in Hong Kong by consumption and market share according to Frost and Sullivan 2017.
Throughout the years, Jennifer’s achievements have been continually recognized by numerous prestigious awards including Forbes Asia “Top 25 Power Business Women Award 2019”, and Metro Finance’s “Greater Bay Area Women Entrepreneur of The Year 2019”, South China Morning Post “25 Women of our Time 2012”; Perspective Magazine “40 under 40” in 2012; CEO Magazine “Best Hospitality Group of Hong Kong 2013”; City Magazine “18 Notable Women in Social Business 2014”; Capital Magazine “CEO of the Year” in both 2007 & 2014.
Being a confident and inspiring speaker, Jennifer is widely sought-after to give talks, interviews and special appearances by notable and influential publications, media platforms and organizations, including but not limited to CNBC, BBC, Bloomberg, TEDx, Google-EYE, American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong, Asia Society Hong Kong, InvestHK, StartmeupHK, Rotary Club of Hong Kong, World Social Summit and in September 2016, she was an invited speaker at the Allegra World Coffee Portal in New York, featuring the most influential people in the coffee industry.
Throughout the years, Jennifer’s achievements were continually
recognized by numerous prestigious awards.
- Named Top 25 Forbes’ Asia Power Businesswomen of 2019-2020
- Inside Retail Asia “Top 50 Innovative Retail Leaders in Hong Kong 2017”
- Gafencu Magazine “The 300 Most Powerful People in Hong Kong 2017”
- Jessica Magazine “ Most Successful Women” in 2017
- Gafencu Magazine “Hospitality Most Excellent Award” in 2016
- Women Development Association of HK “Most Outstanding Women of Hong Kong” in 2016
- Piaget Award for Excellence of Entrepreneurship” in 2015
- Capital Magazine “CEO of the Year” in both 2007 & 2014
- City Magazine “18 Notable Women in Social Business 2014”
- CEO Magazine “Best Hospitality Group of Hong Kong 2013”
- Design and Architecture, Perspective Magazine “40 under 40” in 2012
- South China Morning Post “25 Women of our Time 2012”
A passionate social advocate, Jennifer actively serves in various important public service positions and NGO foundations.
This includes being a co-convener of NarrativeHK (2012), an NGO to explore Hong Kong’s common visions where over 5000 beneficiaries from the under-privileged sector gained from its initiatives and being on the Environmental Campaign Committee of HKSAR (2012).
Notably, Jennifer expands her contribution to social development with her personal foundation; the JWF Charitable Foundation (2012), an NGO aiming to support Hong Kong’s under-privileged children in the developments of the arts, innovation and creativity. Jennifer also founded the Weekend Upcycling Workshop (2014), an NGO to serve as a platform for families and young professionals in need to diminish their social gaps through a series of 9 annual innovative workshops promoting sustainable lifestyles.
Major Public Offices
As an artist and a strong patron of the arts, Jennifer also sits on the committee of the Hong Kong Philharmonic and the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts and continues to play an active role in the following prominent foundations and committees
Founder Member & Vice Chairman of L & T Charitable Foundation Ltd
- Member of All-China Women’s Federation Hong Kong Delegates Association
- Advisor of Our Hong Kong Foundation
- Committee Member of “Business for Social Good” of Our Hong Kong Foundation
- Social Enterprise Advisory Committee of HKSAR Government
- Rehabilitation Advisory Committee of HKSAR Government
- Board Member of Wofoo SITE Heartware Ambassador Board Programme
- Trustee of Design Trust
- Hong Kong Ambassador of Design Director of Po Leung Kuk 2018–2021